Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ways to Use It Challenge




Hello!

Here is my card for today's Way to Use It Challenge to use pearls on our cards. I used pearls is two different ways today. First, I used Pearl Ex on my Santa from Rubber Stampede. I just love this Santa image and this is the first time I have inked him up. I brushed on the Pearl Ex after applying the medium. I used yesterday's Sketch Challenge because I wasn't able to participate yesterday. I felt that it was a good fit for the image. The DP is from Basic Greys new line of paper called Wassail. It is just so pretty, I used two different patterns. The base card is Mellow Moss then layered with So Saffron and the Wassail. I next used my CM square punch to make the squares for the corners. I added the half back pearls to the center of each square. The Santa was then applied with dimensionals and I then used the Cute and Curly Label Bundle for the sentiment. I stamped it twice, once in Ridinghood Red and again in So Saffron. I punched out just the Merry Christmas that I stamped in So Saffron with my small oval punch and adhered it with a dimensional.
The ribbon fiber was wrapped around twice and tied in a knot. I embellished the inside of my card with So Saffron, white and a piece of the Wassail.

Thanks for stopping by!

Patty

No comments: